Plastimo EPS /Expanded polystyrene/
The production of expanded polystyrene began in PLASTIMO in the 70s of the 20th century. Since then, the technological process has been constantly evolving and modernizing.
"PLASTIMO succeeded in establishing itself as a leader in the production of Plastimo EPS thermal insulation plates.
The expandable polystyrene Plastimo EPS is a Bulgarian product for external thermal insulation that combines European quality with an acceptable, competitive price.Plastimo EPS is made of polystyrene granules, which under the influence of steam, expand and are molded into blocks and plates .
Expandable polystyrene contains 98% air and only 2% of its volume accounts for the thin walls of the cells building it. With its open cell structure, Plastimo EPS (unlike extruded polystyrene XPS) prevents the appearance of condensation and mildew in the premises. This is particularly important for new buildings, where the residual humidity is higher.
Plastimo EPS thermal insulation plates are manufactured with different physico-mechanical properties. Their insulation properties are determined by the coefficient of thermal conductivity λ. Low values of λ mean little heat transfer and therefore good thermal insulation.
We offer plates with a thickness of 10-630 mm and a density of 9-35 kg / m3, according to the requirements and needs of the customers.
Plastimo EPS thermal insulation panels are manufactured with various physical and mechanical indices depending to a great extent on the volume–density of the expandable polystyrene. Proven in time this product has a few advantages compared to the rest of heat–insulation materials.
- Achieving excellent thermal insulation, fully compliant with the normative requirements for designing of the thermal insulation of buildings.
- Value for money: ensures fast return of investment. Practice shows that heating expenses of a building without insulation are three times higher compared to buildings with EPS insulation. Given the competitive price of Plastimo EPS, the return of investment takes up to two heating seasons without taking into account reduced cooling expenses during the summer
- Unlike other products with EPS the air does not leave the cells and the material maintains its properties unchanged over time
- Plastimo EPS expandable polystyrene is not hygroscopic and even immersed in water absorbs an insignificant amount of humidity.
- Nature–friendly and fully recyclable.
- Resulting from its low weight and easy cutting out, thermal insulation with Plastimo EPS ensures easy execution.
|Index||Measure||EPS 60||EPS 80||EPS 88||EPS 97||EPS 115||EPS 150||EPS 160||EPS 210||EPS 220||Standard|
|Pressure stress under 10% deformation||kPa level||60 CS(10)60||80 CS(10)80||88 CS(10)80||97 CS(10)90||115 CS(10)115||150 CS(10)150||160 CS(10)160||210 CS(10)210||220 CS(10)220||EN 826|
|Bending strength||kPa level||115 BS115||135 BS135||135 BS135||190 BS190||255 BS255||420 BS420||375 BS375||560 BS560||560 BS560||EN 12089|
|Size stability||class%||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||DS(70,-)1||EN 1604|
|Figure of resistance diffuseincondition of water vapor||57||40||60||51||58||98||134||100||100||EN 12086|
|Water–absorbing capacity in 7 days||volume %||0,2-1,05||0,2-2,9||0,2-1,7||0,2-1,7||0,2-1,7||0,2-3,0||0,2-4,4||0,2-4,9||0,2-1,7||EN 12087|
|Combustibility Class||E||E||E||E||E||E||E||E||E||EN 13501|